davao

DDO shelters 33 passengers from Manila

March 26, 2020

Davao de Oro Province--- Due to the Enhanced Community Quarantine and the strict implementation of the Regional Lockdown in Davao Region, a Philtranco bus was pulled over in a checkpoint in the borders of Barangay Pasian Monkayo, Davao de Oro. The bus left Pasay City on March 16, 2020. All of them, including a one-year-old child were taken to the Davao de Oro Farm Training Center and will undergo a 14-day quarantine. The said bus with its crew and passengers were supposed to be prohibited from entering Davao de Oro since the Regional Covid-19 task force strictly forbids the entry of anyone within Davao Region and Davao Provinces. The Provincial Government of Davao de Oro catered the needs of the stranded passengers and housed them in the facility of the farm. A mobile kitchen from the Bayanihan Para Sa Kalusugan ensures that the basic needs of the stranded passengers under quarantine will be provided. "This will only be allowed once; again, only once and no more than that. Because as a father I could not bear to see a one-year-old child travel back to their origin at this time of distress," said Governor Jayvee Tyron L. Uy. Through the coordination of the Provincial Health Office, Kusina Ng Kalinga, Philippine National Police, Agro-Eco Tourism Complex, Civil Security Unit, Provincial Community Affairs and Development Section and the Barangay Local Government Unit of Pasian Monkayo, the Provincial Government of Davao de Oro continues to provide assistance for our brothers and sisters who were far from their families in this time of affliction. As part of their daily activities, they perform zumba as their exercise, movie marathons, cleaning the facility to strip their boredom and as remedy for homesickness and prayers for guidance and protection from the emerging crisis. The Provincial Health Office conducts daily medical check-up to monitor their health status. Social distancing is strictly implemented among them and were provided with face masks for optimum security. Safety measures were also observed by the team in providing their service. They are now on their 3rd day of quarantine. Two individuals from the group, one driver and one passenger were already taken to Davao Regional Medical Center (DRMC) last March 24, 2020 as Persons Under Investigation (PUI) and will undergo further tests. “Nagpasalamat gyud mi sa tanang nagtabang sa amua, sa gobyerno ug sa tanan-tanan kay wala mi gipasagdan, dili pareha sa uban nga grabe ang kahimtang,” said Janeth Reyes, one of the passengers in the Philtranco bus. (Jasteen Abella, ID DAVAO DE ORO)  

READ MORE
DDO: Adheres strict preventive measures against COVID-19

March 16, 2020

Davao de Oro Province---The Provincial Government of Davao de Oro strictly implemented preventive measures amidst the threat of COVID-19.At the Provincial Capitol alone, employees underwent a thermal scanner upon entering the executive and legislative building with their hands sanitized. A memorandum was also issued last week to sanitize hallways, corridors, stairways and external windows. While employees regularly disinfected their respective offices.   Alcohol and hand sanitizers are available at the main entrance of the lobby for employees and other visitors. The provincial capitol executive building only uses one main entrance and exit point as part of the policy while usage of elevator shall be only for PWDs, Pregnant Women and Senior Citizens.  Social Distancing has also implemented including meetings such as done during the Inter-agency Task Force (IATD)  meetings. Meanwhile, employees only used facial recognition mechanism in the biometrics. The Civil Security Unit in the capitol premise monitors the strict compliance of the precautionary measures and coordinates with the Provincial General Services Office for any untoward incident in the course of the implementation of the measures. These strict preventive measures were made in accordance to keeping Dabawenyos safe from acquiring the dreaded disease. More so, with the recent development where the Department of Health Davao Center for Health Development (DCHD) disclosed the first confirmed case identified as PH130, a 21-year old Filipino female, in the province. Relative to this, a meeting for the Provincial Inter-agency Task Force for the Emerging Infectious Disease was held on March 16, 2020 attended by Governor Tyron Uy, Vice-governor Maria Carmen Zamora, Provincial Administrator Virgilia Allones, PG Department Heads and other concerned individuals regarding the emerging crisis. The province would ensure the availability of the basic needs of the people and will monitor prices of goods in the market. Health workers and other individuals giving frontline services will be given the right assistance and support towards containing the disease. The role of technology is also vital for communication this time. The right information will be spread using social media accounts to avoid making crowds and maintain social distance. “Buot nakong ipaniguro kaninyo nga ang Provincial Government of Davao de Oro kauban ang atung municipal local government units ug DOH nagatinabangay para himuong luwas ang matag usa kanato sa risgong dala sa COVID-19. Panahon karun sa pagtinabangay, pagsinabtanay, ug sa pagtambayayong. Ipakita nato ang atong bayanihan. Panahon sa kalisod ug pagsulay, walang iwanan gihapon ta sa Davao de Oro.” said Governor Jayvee Tyron L. Uy. (Jasteen Abella, ID DAVAO DE ORO)

READ MORE
Construction of new houses to quake survivors in Davao del Sur underway

December 31, 2019

MAGSAYSAY, Davao del Sur - The construction of new homes for quake survivors in Davao del Sur is now underway, as the project is now being started by the National Housing Authority (NHA) Those victims of the recent quakes who were rendered homeless would benefit the housing project of the government. Thousands of families in Davao del Sur were rendered homeless as a result of three powerful tremors that hit the province.  The local government has acquired 2.5 hectare of land in barangay Malawanit, says Mayor Arthur Davin in an interview with reporters. The land, the mayor said, was purchased by party list Dumper PIDA (Philippines Taxi Drivers Association) through the initiative of Rep. Claudine Diana Bautista. In a report by Inquirer.net, NHA General Manager Marcelino Escalada has already conducted occular inspection of the relocation site in Purok 5, barangay Malawanit last week. The strong quakes displaced a total of 117 families in barangay Malawanit alone. But there were a few who get help from non-govenrmental organizations and were able to build their new houses. 

READ MORE
Gov't employee in Davao Sur shot dead

December 30, 2019

DAVAO DEL SUR - A government employee in Magsaysay town, this province, was shot dead Friday (Dec 27) by still unknown assailants onboard a vehicle while the victim was riding his motorcycle in Barangay Poblacion. The local police, headed by Major Jeffmar Tercero, identified the fatality as Philip Marl D. Ruelo, a job order employee of the local government in Magsaysay town, this province. Police initial investigation disclosed that after the shooting incident, the victims was rushed to the Davao del Sur Provincial Hospital but attending physicians and nurses pronounced him dead. The police are still "facing a blank wall" as to the motive of killing the government employee by still unidentified suspects who shot him on broad daylight. Investigation also disclosed that there were some witnesses who saw the suspects already roaming in the area prior to the shooting incident which lead to the untimely demise of the victim.     

READ MORE
Refresh & NCCC donate Upcycled Chairs to Davao School

December 20, 2019

Matina Elementary School in Barangay Matina received an early Christmas treat as Universal Robina Corporation’s (URC) Refresh Mineral Water donated school chairs to the Davao-based school. The chairs are made from used plastic bottles collected during the mineral water brand’s Refresh-Return-Recycle program. “We are really amazed by the project—making chairs out of recycled plastic bottles. It is the first time we saw the process of making these chairs. Thank you for the opportunity,” Jocelyn Lucena, Master Teacher at Matina Elementary School during a turn-over ceremony held in Barangay Matina in Davao City last December 12. A sustainable partnership Last August 2019, Refresh Mineral Water partnered with NCCC Supermarket in Davao City to place disposal bins in 30 NCCC Supermarket branches where mall-goers could dispose their used plastic bottles. With the help of Winder Recycling Company (WRC), all collected bottles were repurposed into classroom chairs. Refresh-Return-Recycle Refresh, a mineral water bottle made from 100% recyclable material, launched its Refresh-Return-Recycle campaign to encourage everyone to incorporate more sustainable practices in their lifestyle, especially on the proper disposal of single-use plastics.  Aside from its partnership with NCCC, Refresh Mineral Water has been conducting activities to further encourage people to practice proper waste management. Last September, it held a roadshow in select universities in Luzon where students were taught the virtues of recycling. For more updates about Refresh Mineral Water and its Refresh-Return-Recycle campaign, visit its Facebook page at Facebook.com/RefreshWaterPH.       Universal Robina Corporation’s (URC) Refresh Mineral Water and NCCC Malls partner to provide school chairs to Matina Elementary School in Davao City. Present during the turn-over ceremony last December 12 (from second) NCCC Assistant Vice President for Operations Jezza Damada, URC Cold Beverage Marketing Manager Jewel Capones Moudang, and Matina Elementary School Master Teacher 1 Jocelyn Lucena.     Universal Robina Corporations’ (URC) Refresh Mineral Water led by (third) Jewel Capones Moudang, Marketing Manager for Cold Beverages, and (second) Jezza Damada, NCCC Malls AVP for Operations, turn-over school chairs to Matina Elementary School represented by (third and fourth) Aura Aguilar Abitong, School Coordinator, and Jocelyn Lucena, Master Teacher 1.  

READ MORE
PRESIDENT DUTERTE ASSURES DEPENDENTS OF FALLEN SOLDIERS, POLICEMEN OF GOV’T SUPPORT

December 11, 2019

President Rodrigo Roa Duterte on Tuesday assured the dependents of killed-in-action soldiers and killed-in-police-operations officers (KIA-KIPO) of government assistance to attain comfortable lives.   Speaking before the dependents of the fallen soldiers and police personnel during a thanksgiving party in Malacañang, President Duterte said that through the Comprehensive Social Benefits Program (CSBP), they will receive the support they need.   Under the CSBP, the dependents of KIA soldiers and KIPO officers will receive financial, employment, livelihood, educational, housing and healthcare assistance.   And before his term ends, the chief executive vowed to institutionalize the program to cover personnel from the Bureau of Jail Management and Penology (BJMP), the Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP) and the Philippine Coast Guard (PCG).   The President also thanked the Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG), the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP), the Philippine National Police (PNP) and other concerned agencies for ensuring that the CSBP is implemented properly.   Despite the challenges ahead, the President has expressed optimism that with the steadfast dedication and firm leadership that those organizations have displayed, the government will not waver on its promise of uplifting the welfare of the people, especially those who have sacrificed their lives in order to protect and serve the country.   The administration will continue to do its best to honor the KIA soldiers and KIPO officers' memory by staying true to the commitment of upholding the country’s sovereignty, preventing lawless violence and protecting democratic institutions, the President said. PND

READ MORE

Subscribe Now!

Receive email updates from Mindanao Daily News.