cagayan de oro

LTFRB Gives Go Signal To RTMI To Operate Buses from CDO To Cotabato City 

April 24, 2021

CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY - Good news to people traveling from this city to Cotabato City! The Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board has issued permits to the Rural Transit Mindanao Incorporated (RTMI) to operate buses plying the routes of Cagayan de Oro to Cotabato City and vice versa. As this developed, the regional office of LTFRB has prepared the documents for the opening of some units of Rural Transit Bus from Cagayan de Oro City, and through the town of Talakag Bukidnon, to the towns of Banisilan, Alamada, Libungan, Pigcawayan, Sultan Kudarat and in Cotabato City. In a statement posted on FB, John Del Castillo, RTMI Manager based in Bulua, this city, said the citizens of both Cagayan de Oro and Cotabato City will no longer have difficulty, like travel time to Cotabato City and vice versa has been made shorter now. "The citizens of two cities will no longer have difficulty in going here because the travel time has been shorter through the said route," Del Castillo says in a statement on Facebook. It was also learned that the City Government of Cotabato has also entered an agreement to the entry of Rural Transit Bus. RTMI, which is based in Cagayan de Oro City, is a sister company of Mindanao Star Bus Transport Incorporated (MSBTI) which is based in Davao City.   

READ MORE
Suspect who robbed 7 Eleven Convenience Store in Barangay Balulang arrested

March 18, 2021

* Cashier says the suspect was "cross-eyed"  CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY - The police arrested one of the suspects in a recent robbery at 7 Eleven Convenience Store in Upper Balulang, this city. This, after members of the Cagayan de Oro Police Office (Cocpo) successfully confirmed the location of the suspect later identified as Dexter Langga, 20 and a native of Davao City, but is currently residing in Upper Balulang, a remote village in Cagayan de Oro. His reported lookout during the robbery was not in Langga's house during the manhunt follow up operation conducted by police operatives at Carmen Police Station. Major Peter Tajor, Carmen Police precinct commander, said the suspect was arrested based on a warrant of arrest issued against him - of a criminal case pending in court. He was also easily traced thru an informant who tipped them about the suspect's eye deformity as being "cross-eyed." Investigators said without the physical features of the suspect, the police couldn't identify him as he wore a maroon bull cap and covered his face with a facemask when he robbed the store.  The police commander said the cashier at 7 Eleven has positively identified the suspect as the one who robbed the store last week and took away over P30,000 pesos in cash.   But Langga denied his involvement in said robbery at 7 Eleven, saying he has not even left the house a few days ago, or during the day the store was robbed on March 10. Langga added he was not even involved in any robbery in his life. He said since the pandemic, he would seldom go out of the house and would standby only at a nearby internet cafe. Meanwhile, the owner of the store also said that Langga was not the one he saw on CCTV camera. The store owner said the face was different from those found in the CCTV footages, contrary to the revelation of the cashier that it was Langga who robbed her. But the suspect, however, admitted he has a pending case in court the reason that he has a warrant of arrest issued by the court against him.  The police at Carmen Police Station is now preparing to file charges of robbery against the suspect who was positively identified by the store cashier.

READ MORE
PNP-10 reaffirms Normin peace, security initiatives

January 5, 2021

CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY, Jan. 4 (PIA)--As the New Year begins in the midst of the coronavirus disease (COVID)-19 contagion, the Philippine National Police (PNP)-10 reaffirms their peace and order campaign for 2021 and look back on their initiatives during the last quarter of 2020 to find the right balance between public health safety compliance, illegal drug activity policing, and economic recovery in northern Mindanao. COVID-19 mitigation “At first, it was a challenge for our general public to internalize the health protocol standards since it was still new but as of now, in my observation the public has adapted these measures in our public spaces,” PNP-10 Spokesperson PCapt. Francisco Sabud shared during Talakayan sa PIA, noting the paradigm shift when it comes to minimum health safety protocol compliance for the mitigation of COVID-19 in region. Sabud reiterated that their role of imposing NIATF guidelines regarding COVID-19 prevention and containment has shifted from strictly establishing ‘BIDA Solusyon’ to now  merely reminding and encouraging the general public for compliance, lauding establishments such as malls and businesses for proactively having marshals in ensuring health compliance for their patrons. Crime watch and war on drugs In terms of crime neutralization in the region, the PNP-10’s Enhance Managing Police Operation (EMPO) consistently have provincial directors present prevailing crimes in their area of responsibility to strategize and adjust police deployment in converging areas to cater to the incidents. “As of December, we have high murder case rates in Northern Mindanao, two in Bukidnon, one in Misor, two in Lanao Del Norte, one Misamis Occidental, and one in Iligan. We also have three homicide cases in Bukidnon, one in Iligan, and one in MisOr,” Sabud shared. He also disclosed that they have found a surge of rape cases at the start of the COVID-19 quarantine stay-at-home order, especially in domestic households in remote areas with minors comprising most of the victim statistics. “These crimes we have gathered are already filed in prosecutors’ office and are now awaiting trial,” Sabud said. Further, due to the shift of digitalization in adaption of COVID-19 protocols, the PNP-10 regional anti-cyber-crime group are working overtime in ensuring the protection of minors from exploitation, online scammers, and online fraud. To boost policing capabilities, Sabud said their modernization program for 2020 included in the establishment of a grandstand accommodating 500 persons in their Police Regional Office, and the renovation of their main building in camp Alagar. “In terms of our new supplies and issues, our Misamis Occidental stations have the most 4 x 4 patrol cars, all of the provinces are also issued with new patrol mobiles, communication equipment, and firearms, especially our mobile forces, the regional mobile force battalion,” he added. In-line with the administration’s war against drugs, Sabud shared that they have conducted 44 illegal operations in the whole of region 10 and have arrested 66 individuals, with only 3 armed confrontations. Seizing an estimated of weight of 270,245 grams amounting to P1,409,266 in their December operation. “Despite the pandemic, we are still prioritizing illegal drugs, since it is the mandate of our administration; we are also going with the holistic approach by trying to neutralize illegal activities as much as possible,” the spokesperson added.   ELCAC support As for their support with Executive Order (EO) 70, the PNP-10 cites that they are proactively building strong community engagement in isolated villages by providing peace and security in those areas alongside the AFP and other government agencies. “Us in the PNP, we are not in the offensive level but are mostly doing police works, our mobile forces, are the ones who address the insurgency problems and we support them in any way possible,” Sabud shared, adding that they are working closely with the military, as the PNP-10 validates sightings and reports of communist activities. “We should not be afraid of them, because of the NTF-ELCAC (National Task Force to End Local Communist Armed Conflict) chaired by our very own president Duterte, the administration is working on ending their scourge before 2021, the insurgency problems has huge impact in denting our economy and it’s high time we end it,” Sabud said. (VPSB/PIA10)

READ MORE
NEDA-10 conducts staff training for stronger Internal Quality Audit

January 5, 2021

CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY, Jan. 4 (PIA)--The National Economic and Development Authority (NEDA)-10 conducted an online training course on Effective Internal Audit for ISO 9001:2015, December 28-29, 2020, to continually improve its operations and delivery of services. With more than 30 NEDA-10 and Regional Development Council–10 staff in attendance, the course aims to equip the staff with basic competencies on internal quality audit and prepare them to be internal auditors of the organization’s quality management system (QMS). The NEDA-X Management wants to ensure the availability of a pool of well-trained internal quality auditors of its QMS.   The training conducted by Infoadvance, Inc. enhanced the participants’ understanding of Internal Audit as an essential component of any management system as it serves as a quality tool to check the effectiveness of processes in delivering intended results and trigger improvements. Aurelio L. Ebita, lead auditor and trainer, underscored that the overall intent of internal audit is to achieve conformity and effectiveness and not to find nonconformities. Should a nonconformity arise, it is raised against a process and not against a person, for improvement. On December 23, 2020, the SOCOTEC Certification International issued a new Certificate of Registration for ISO 9001:2015 to NEDA-X which will expire September 21, 2023, covering the processes of Socioeconomic and Physical Planning and Policy, Technical and Advisory, Investment Programming, Monitoring and Evaluation and Support Services.  The first certification was issued September 21, 2017 and expired September 21, 2020. (NEDA10/PIA10)

READ MORE
Moreno: Full public compliance to protocols crucial in defeating virus

January 5, 2021

CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY, Jan. 5 (PIA)--"If the people of Cagayan de Oro cooperate wholeheartedly and consistently (by fully complying with minimum public health protocols) then I have no doubt that we will prevail over COVID-19."   Cagayan de Oro City Mayor Oscar Moreno voiced optimism over the low daily recorded average of COVID-19 cases in the city at the end of last month, which capped off both Christmas and New Year celebrations.   "Right now our priority is to stop the virus from spreading and the city government cannot do this (without the public's full support)," Moreno said.   In her daily case update during Monday's press briefing, acting City Health Officer Dr. Lorraine Nery said the City Health Office (CHO) recorded 21 new confirmed cases for Saturday and Sunday (January 2 and 3).   Of that number, the city registered nine cases on Saturday and 12 on Sunday. For December 2020, the city registered less than 20 daily cases.   But while the city's daily recorded COVID-19 cases dropped to 10 by December's end and then to nine cases at the start of January, CHO Epidemiologist Dr. Teodulfo Joselito Retuya Jr. said they may expect a surge in cases after January 6.   "We take note of the recent opening of a store in one mall which drew a long line of customers (and see if something will come up)," Retuya said. (CIO/PIA10)

READ MORE
DILG-10 ensures apt training for brgy frontliners

January 4, 2021

CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY, Dec. 29 (PIA)--"We check, including local government units sa pagpadayon sa paghatag ug kaangayan nga (in continuously providing necessary training on) knowledge and skills."    During the NorMin COVID-19 Response Task Force press conference, December 29, Agabe said aside from providing facility or equipment for COVID-19 response, the government also continuously monitor the skills training needed by LGUs down to the barangay level.    He added that they have coordinated and partnered with the Department of Health (DOH)-10 so barangay frontliners will be given necessary training to further assist DILG, DOH and other concerned government agencies.    "We have directed the provincial and city directors to conduct a survey for the need to conduct additional training. We have the DOH on top especially on COVID-19 response," Agabe added.    On community quarantine classification   For services and interventions of the government provided in a certain area, Agabe said they are also based on the community quarantine classification.   On the other hand, the regional director said the escalation and de-escalation of risk classifications were based on the health care utilization rate of dedicated beds and equipment for COVID-19, daily attack rate, barangay with new cases in the past 14 days, surveillance;   Contact tracing and isolation efficiency, no local transmission from locally stranded individuals (LSIs) or returning overseas Filipinos (ROFs) index case for two weeks, establishments closed or workers affected, and clusters in workplace, food security and social indicators, and adherence to minimum public health standards.   As of December 29, there are a total of 7,581 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in northern Mindanao, wherein 6,138 have recovered, 222 have expired, and 5,916 are recovering. (RTP/PIA10)

READ MORE

Subscribe Now!

Receive email updates from Mindanao Daily News.