Who is Francis Leo Marcos? Is he a Sinner or a Saint?
Part 3 of a series
BY JOEL CALAMBA ESCOL, Special MDN News Feature
Everytime Mr FLM posted something on either Youtube or Facebook, the post also becomes the battleground of both his avid fans and supporters and his bashers and haters. The fans took turns of depending their 'new idol' while the bashers are also putting down the 'man of the masses. '
Now, in this part 3 of our investigative type of news feature, we will know who is Francis Leo Marcos and Norman Mangusay?
It is worth remembering that the name Francis Leo Marcos became viral on Facebook and Youtube, when he started his "Mayaman Challenge" by urging the rich people in Green Meadows subdivision to come out in their houses and help hungry people in Metro Manila and elsewhere in the country, who were affected by the 'lockdown' due to the coronavirus crisis.
With this challenge he also started it by buying 500 sacks of rice in Nueva Ecija and gave these to the poor people in Payatas, one of the poorest barangays in Quezon City.
This act of kindness and generosity made him the new idol of ordinary Filipino folks as the new man of the masses akin to that of former President Joseph Estrada who has now kept silent maybe because of old age . However, this same act of kindness also got him bashers questioning his motive of helping the poor.
Francis Leo Marcos' challenge on the rich people and politicians inside Green Meadows subdivision also made him an ultimate enemy now, allegedly blaming him as their lives were put to risk. But Mr FLT also depended himself, saying he did not name them, so why are they afraid of their lives being rich?
MDN conducted a research and these are some of the information we gathered about him.
- He is from Baguio City and lives in Manila, Philippines.
- He is a philanthropist.
- He is a businessman.
- He is the Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of Marcos Group of companies (from 2005 to present).
- He is the Chairman of the Volunteer Against Poverty Foundation Inc.
- He is the Chairman of the Oriental Perlinian Foundation.
- He was born on September 29, 1979.
- He studied (high school) at the National High School of Massachusetts Bay Belmont.
- He studied (graduation degree) at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Boston, the USA in 1997.
- His net worth is approximately $25 Million
- He tried to run as one of the Senatoriables during the 2013 national election but got disqualified by the COMELEC due to the age requirement. Marcos was only 33-years-old at that time and the age qualification must be at least 35-years-old as stated in the 1987 Constitution.
- He is also Norman Mangusin as he revealed on his videos. But he did not give more explanation why he became a Norman Mangusin
- He is currently married to a very pretty beauty titlest, half Japanese, half Filipina Mayu Murakama in 2019.
STRONG ACCUSATIONS AGAINST FLM
SCAMMER XIAN GAZA ENTERS INTO THE PICTURE
Based on research made by MDN, one of the owners at Green Meadows Subdivision allegedly contacted Vlogger Xian Gaza for help. Since Xian has a lot of balls to grind Francis Leo Marcos, the rich haters of FLM allegedly made him their canyon in their battle against the newest Youtube sensation.
Xian Gaza was arrested by police authorities many years ago for his alleged scam activities involving millions pf pesos. He was imprisoned for victimizing people.
WHO IS XIAN GAZA?
Receive email updates from Mindanao Daily News.