• Marcial T. Angkok, 74, Caloocan City, Metro Manila;
• Alejandro L. Baluyut, 60, Los Banos, Laguna;
• Agatona Cachero, 97, Vigan, Ilocos Sur;
• Estrella M. Castuciano, 78, GMA, Cavite;
• Lolita De La Cruz, 67, Rodriguez, Rizal;
• Susan Evangelista, 74, Puerto Princesa, Palawan;
• Nieves Gutierrez, 67, Hermosa, Bataan;
• Crisanta Layos, 66, Medellin, Cebu;
• Bilo Delos Reyes, 61, Caloocan City, Metro Manila; and,
• Angelita Villaflor, 65, Hagonoy, Bulacan
This year’s SUN awardees were recognized for their outstanding contribution in the fields of health, education, cultural preservation, helping persons with disabilities (PWDs), women and fellow older persons, and disaster response work.
Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) Undersecretary Vilma B. Cabrera recognizes the outstanding contribution of older persons to Philippine society saying, “Ang mga nakatatanda ay magandang ehemplo sa kanilang pamilya at komunidad.”
The Coalition of Services for the Elderly (COSE), a partner non-government organization of DSWD in implementing programs and services for older persons, spearheads the annual awards to pay tribute to outstanding Filipino older persons who have made exemplary contributions to society.
CAGAYAN DE ORO — The state-run Social Security System (SSS) earned about P1.31 billion from the first three months of implementation of the Loan Restructuring Program (LRP) with penalty condonation, benefitting about 200,000 members who will be able to enjoy full benefits and privileges once...