• Marcial T. Angkok, 74, Caloocan City, Metro Manila;
• Alejandro L. Baluyut, 60, Los Banos, Laguna;
• Agatona Cachero, 97, Vigan, Ilocos Sur;
• Estrella M. Castuciano, 78, GMA, Cavite;
• Lolita De La Cruz, 67, Rodriguez, Rizal;
• Susan Evangelista, 74, Puerto Princesa, Palawan;
• Nieves Gutierrez, 67, Hermosa, Bataan;
• Crisanta Layos, 66, Medellin, Cebu;
• Bilo Delos Reyes, 61, Caloocan City, Metro Manila; and,
• Angelita Villaflor, 65, Hagonoy, Bulacan
This year’s SUN awardees were recognized for their outstanding contribution in the fields of health, education, cultural preservation, helping persons with disabilities (PWDs), women and fellow older persons, and disaster response work.
Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) Undersecretary Vilma B. Cabrera recognizes the outstanding contribution of older persons to Philippine society saying, “Ang mga nakatatanda ay magandang ehemplo sa kanilang pamilya at komunidad.”
The Coalition of Services for the Elderly (COSE), a partner non-government organization of DSWD in implementing programs and services for older persons, spearheads the annual awards to pay tribute to outstanding Filipino older persons who have made exemplary contributions to society.
A new one-level corporate building will soon rise in the uptown part of this city, particularly along Masterson Avenue. But unlike any other edifice, this one is more environment-friendly and cost-efficient. The new corporate offices of S.V. More Pharma (Butuan) will only take five months to...