• Marcial T. Angkok, 74, Caloocan City, Metro Manila;
• Alejandro L. Baluyut, 60, Los Banos, Laguna;
• Agatona Cachero, 97, Vigan, Ilocos Sur;
• Estrella M. Castuciano, 78, GMA, Cavite;
• Lolita De La Cruz, 67, Rodriguez, Rizal;
• Susan Evangelista, 74, Puerto Princesa, Palawan;
• Nieves Gutierrez, 67, Hermosa, Bataan;
• Crisanta Layos, 66, Medellin, Cebu;
• Bilo Delos Reyes, 61, Caloocan City, Metro Manila; and,
• Angelita Villaflor, 65, Hagonoy, Bulacan
This year’s SUN awardees were recognized for their outstanding contribution in the fields of health, education, cultural preservation, helping persons with disabilities (PWDs), women and fellow older persons, and disaster response work.
Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) Undersecretary Vilma B. Cabrera recognizes the outstanding contribution of older persons to Philippine society saying, “Ang mga nakatatanda ay magandang ehemplo sa kanilang pamilya at komunidad.”
The Coalition of Services for the Elderly (COSE), a partner non-government organization of DSWD in implementing programs and services for older persons, spearheads the annual awards to pay tribute to outstanding Filipino older persons who have made exemplary contributions to society.
MANILA — The 67th Manila FAME, touted as the country’s premiere design and lifestyle event, opened at the World Trade Center in Pasay City Thursday. The 3-day trade show reportedly aims to book USD6-million worth of exports and PHP20 million of domestic sales. In a briefing Thursday, Center...