THE Department of Health (DOH) on Thursday warned hospitals that will refuse to attend to emergency cases patients or else have their licenses to operate revoked.
Health Secretary Francisco Duque III issued the stern warning after receiving reports that some hospitals in Cavite allegedly refused to accommodate emergency cases involving children injected with Dengvaxia dengue vaccine.
“Ako ay nagbabanta sa inyo na ang trabaho ninyo ay gawin ninyo (I am warning and telling you to do your job),” Duque said in an interview with the media.
Duque also cautioned the hospitals found guilty of non-admission of patients during emergencies may face revocation of license to operate and may lose accreditation from PhilHealth for reimbursement of professional fees.
As this developed, Duque ordered DOH Calabarzon Regional Director Rio Magpantay to look into the alleged refusal to provide hospital care to a certain Risesa Salgo, who was reportedly rushed from one hospital to another in Dasmarinas, Cavite.
Duque said that during times of emergencies, hospitals should not refuse patients and ensure that they can stabilize first their condition before transferring them to another hospital in case that there is no room to accommodate these patients.
He said that it is unacceptable reason for hospital to deny medical care in case that the hospital has no room, citing provisions of Republic Act 10932 or the Strengthened Anti-Hospital Deposit Law, which was signed by President Rodrigo R. Duterte last year. (PNA)
By: Lou Ellen L. Antonio MARAWI CITY,-– Dubbed “Launching of Farm Mechanization Program and Turn Over of Special Area for Agricultural Development Projects,” the Department of Agriculture (DA) distributed farm inputs and equipment to provide livelihood assistance to the crisis-affected...