Cotabato City (January 24, 2018) – The regional government of the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM) has been providing health and social protection assistance to communities in Maguindanao, the most conflict-affected province in the region, through the construction and enhancement of health facilities.
As of November 2017, over P216 million was allocated for such projects, which are implemented through the ARMM’s Humanitarian and Development Action Plan (HDAP). The HDAP-ARMM is a project of Hataman administration that implements various government initiatives in conflict-affected areas of the region.
These initiatives include relief, rehabilitation, and reconstruction of both horizontal and vertical infrastructures and provision of livelihood programs that will promote peace and help the situation in calamity-affected communities specifically in 15 towns of Maguindanao.
The projects include 34 Barangay Health Stations, with 86.45% physical accomplishment, constructed in the different towns in Maguindanao namely:
• Brgy. Poblacion II, Tapikan and Satan in Shariif Aguak;
• Brgy. Ganta, Pusao and Linantangan in Shariff Saydona Mustapha;
• Brgy. Talisawa and Sugadol in Datu Abdullah Sangki;
• Brgy. Tambunan and South Binangga in Talayan;
• Brgy. Kabingi in Datu Saudi Ampatuan;
• Brgy. Bakat in Rajah Buayan;
• Brgy. Labu Labu II and Tuayan in Datu Hoffer;
• Brgy. Lusay and Pidsandawan in Mamasapano;
• Brgy. Tanuel , Lower Capiton, Ambolodto and Sibuto in Datu Odin Sinsuat;
• Brgy. Midtimbang, Tulunan and Muslim in Datu Anggal Midtimbang;
• Brgy. Mileb, Macadayon and Pageda in Talitay;
• Brgy Malangug and Brgy. Kyamko in Datu Unsay;
• Brgy. Butilanin, Pandi, Andavit and Pindetan in Datu Salibo;
• Brgy. Damabalas in Datu Piang; and
• Brgy. Macasampen in Guindulungan.
Meanwhile, three Rural Health Units (RHUs) were expanded in the municipalities of Mamasapano, Talitay and Datu Piang, while the RHUs in Talayan and Datu Salibo are yet to be constructed.
Fifteen (15) deep wells with elevated water tanks worth P7.5 million and 15 communal toilets worth P3.75 million were also constructed in the municipalities of Rajah Buayan, Datu Abdullah Sangki, Datu Anggal Midtimbang, Datu Saudi Ampatuan, Datu Hoffer, Sharrif Aguak, Datu Odin Sinsuat, Talitay, Shariff Saydona, Guindulungan, Datu Piang, and Mamasapano.
On April 21, 2017, a ceremonial groundbreaking was conducted for the construction of the Maguindanao Provincial Hospital - Datu Piang Annex, which has a 25-bed capacity and would be worth over P46 million. As of November 2017, the project has 38.86% physical accomplishment.
The provision of support package equipment for the hospital is still under bidding, while the personnel salary for operations will be covered by a memorandum of agreement upon the completion of the hospital building.
HDAP-ARMM aims at establishing a well-coordinated and systematic approach to address and mitigate effects of disasters and calamities. It also aims at addressing the needs and at providing immediate interventions to families affected by violent encounters between the military and the rebels.
To ensure that the projects are properly implemented, the HDAP-ARMM’s Project Management Office is strictly supervising and monitoring these projects.(Bureau of Public Information)
Visit the official website of the Bureau of Public Information here.
Sep 24, 2018 0Offers all-in introductory price of Php999 The Philippines’ leading airline, Cebu Pacific (PSE: CEB), continues to grow its hubs as it announces a new route linking Cebu to Macau, further promoting Cebu as a gateway to and from the rest of VisMin. Starting December 07, 2018, CEB will begin...