MARAWI CITY ----- The Armed Forces of the Philippines clarified on Thursday (January 31), that there was no implementation of "shoot to kill" order in Lanao del Sur for those who were caught beyond curfew hours.
Col. Romeo Brawner Jr, commander of the 103rd Infantry Brigade, Philippine Army said instead the military is committed to protect the residents in the area.
After the series of bombings in a cathedral in Jolo and in a mosque in Zamboanga City last week, a text message was circulating, telling the public to stay at home, keep vigilant because the military "will shoot and kill whoever stays out later than 9:30 p.m. curfew."
"We have on-going curfew hours implemented in Lanao del Sur but there has no order to our military to shoot our civilians... Except when you are a terrorist," Brawner said.
He added that the text message was fabricated by individuals who wanted to distort the current tranquility of life in the province.
Brawner assured the public that the AFP only hopes for peace and order in entire Lanao del Sur and Marawi City.
"The armed forces are here to protect your rights. The Philippine Army is working hard to prevent a repeat of Marawi siege," Brawner added.
CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY – Good news to the parents of offenders and addict kids in the city! A new rehab facility is now in the planning stage, according to a press statement released to the media. The new rehab building facility will be constructed just beside the Mother Teresa Compound in sitio...